Good question, and one that many brides ask themselves. Below are some reasons why we think is is important to hire a professional to capture those once in a lifetime moments.
Everyone these days has a digital camera, so why should I pay someone to shoot my wedding?
Some food for thought; Ian has a kitchen and access to ingredients but it doesn’t mean he can cook like Gordon Ramsay!
As with every profession, skill and experience play a massive part. So, on with the post….
Why should I hire a professional photographer to shoot my wedding?
What distinguishes a professional photographer from an amateur or weekend photographer?
- A professional photographer is prepared for virtually anything that could go wrong and will have a backup plan.
- The professional knows that this is a once in a lifetime event and can’t be rescheduled.
- Professionals know the importance of being prompt and will often arrive at events early just to be safe.
- A professional uses professional equipment that is designed to be reliable and dependable and just to be safe, they will also bring backups for all key items (e.g. extra camera, flash, lenses).
- An experienced wedding photographer will be at ease at your wedding, they will be used to working with individuals, couples, and groups to make the day go smoothly.
- Professionals understand the importance of archival printing and use labs that print to high standards of quality.
- A professional will have sourced a reputable company to produce your wedding album. They understand the importance of presentation and will want you to have a beautiful reminder of your special day.
I hope this has been helpful, more Q&A’s to come!